Asked by Elizabeth from USA | Oct. 19, 2014 14:52
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Applying for a Tourist Visa Extension vs. Applying for a new one

Hi There,
I currently have a 1-year multiple entry L type that I got for a 3 week trip through China in June. I am now planning on returning to China for 3 months, but mine a is only for a 30-day entry.

I'm wondering if it makes more sense to apply for a new 3-month entry one while I am still in the US, or if I should just apply for extensions when I am in Beijing. Which makes more sense?

A final question: My round trip flight is through Hong Kong, and it is for a total duration of 5 months, because I am going to be traveling in Southeast Asia and India after my time in China. Will a 5-month round-trip ticket at all hinder my application for a 3 month L type, should I submit any explanation with my application?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ivis from Iceland | Oct. 22, 2014 02:08
You are suggested to apply for the extension when you are in China. Once you get a new 3 months single entry one, your current multiple-entry one will expire automatically.
The 5-month round trip ticket will not affect your application if you can show your ticket to leave China after staying 3 months. If you cannot provide that ticket, you may hard to get a new 3 months L type.
Related Questions:
I get a new passport, but I have a valid Chinese business visa in my old pa...
Asked by Sameer I from India
| Jun. 03, 2016 21:35
I am applying for a double entry tourist visa and one of my stays is for 39...
Asked by Carole Dornauer from Austria
| Nov. 28, 2017 20:30
What forms of payment are acceptable to Tourist visa, applying in person to...
Asked by Graham Edwards from NZ
| Apr. 18, 2012 22:03
I'm a kiwi and applying for a tourist visa but I live in Spain. How do I ap...
Asked by Hayden from New Zealand / Spain
| Apr. 27, 2012 02:09
What is the fee required for a 12 Month TOURIST VISA vs Single entry TRAN...
Asked by A, HAI` from USA
| Feb. 17, 2012 02:15
what is the requirements for applying tourist visa for Iranian?
Asked by mehrdad from Iran
| Apr. 11, 2012 20:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)