Asked by Jen from Australia | Oct. 11, 2014 23:50
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Applying for tourist visa

I am going to apply for a 30day tourist L, however do i need to pre book hotels before i apply for my L? is it not possible to just backpack around china with no pre booked accommodation?
thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Steve from Australia | Oct. 12, 2014 07:23
Hi ,.In my limited experience, you must show a tour plan, itinary etc when you apply. It must be reasonable. In reality, once in the country you can change your mind and do something different. Don't know what happens if you run foul of the law, but if you behave, carry all the right papers, you will not normally be bothered by Police. I can only speak from experience around Beijing and Eastern China. Even then, I would still have a list of where you actually intend to go --probably totally different from the original list, but as I said, you changed your mind. You will need that original itinary, or an invitation letter to get it. Now, would I bother--no --you can't trust a single word they say--it changes every time you hear it!
Steve G
Ex Beijing
Related Questions:
what is the requirements for applying tourist visa for Iranian?
Asked by mehrdad from Iran
| Apr. 11, 2012 20:58
Is an invitation letter required for a Canadian citizen visiting friends in...
Asked by LeAnne from Canada
| Jul. 19, 2012 04:14
What are the document required for applying as tourist for hk?
Asked by Mycel from Philippines
| Mar. 23, 2016 22:07
If I want to travel to PRC by land from Pakistan via Karakorum highway what...
Asked by Sanjaya from Cambodia
| May. 03, 2013 03:38
It's necessary to have bank account in applying tourist Chinese visa?
Asked by Maria from Philippines
| Feb. 24, 2017 19:58
applying for tourist visa / do i need invitation letter?
Asked by Nancy from USA
| May. 15, 2013 02:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)