Asked by Torny from Norway | Sep. 29, 2014 14:01
About:China Visa Application in USA

Can foreign tourists in the US apply for visa at American embassies?

My boyfriend and I are from Norway and we're planning a longer trip around the world next year. We're leaving Norway 4 months before our intended entry to China, which means we're not able to apply for a 3 month permit here in our home country before leaving. We're staying in New York city for two months, so if possible we could apply for it there. So the question is: Can non-US citizens apply for a Chinese tourist L at American embassies?


Answers (1)
Answered by Blare from United Kingdom | Sep. 29, 2014 20:39
You are able to apply in USA if you can show your proof of legal status in USA when applying besides other basic documents. You are suggested to call the embassy/consulate first, so that you will not waste your time.
Related Questions:
Do you know what is the breakdown of foreign tourists to the Great Wall?
Asked by Ms.Williams from USA
| Nov. 09, 2010 19:49
I am an Australian passport holder, how long are we allowed to stay as a to...
Asked by Michelle from Australia
| Sep. 22, 2014 03:06
am a sierra leone living in malaysia,can i apply for visa to china
Asked by sir from Malaysia
| Mar. 10, 2014 03:52
i am indian passport holder working in china and wish to travel to lithuani...
Asked by david from India
| Apr. 23, 2017 21:34
I am american citizen here in turkey ,can i apply for a Chinese visa at emb...
Asked by ramy from USA
| Mar. 30, 2015 22:28
can you just tell me whether I can travel by train to hongkong from shangha...
Asked by Mr.sbpdesai from India
| Jan. 31, 2011 20:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)