Asked by Heather from Canada | Sep. 22, 2014 08:27
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

canadian with student visa in Beijing

My student type was only issued for 30 days can I get it changed while in Beijing to a tourist L

Answers (1)
Answered by Borg from Iceland | Sep. 22, 2014 20:52
Heather, which specific type do you have S1 or S2?
If you have a S2, it may be hard to change it to a Tourist L in Beijing. But it is suggested to go to the local Exit-Entry Adminstration Bureau for asking directly or you can find a local agency to help you to do it.

If you have a S1, you can just change your S1 to a resident permit. With it, you can stay in China for more than 180 days. Changing from student type to a Tourist L is not necessary.
Related Questions:
Traveling to Beijing, will I have to apply for a Visa?
Asked by Rob Faulds from Canada
| May. 12, 2015 20:21
Do I need to carry my passport with me at all times?
Asked by SC from Canada
| Nov. 12, 2016 00:53
Do I need visa if I'm not leaving airport and staying in Beijing just for d...
Asked by Julie from Canada
| Nov. 27, 2015 21:17
We are visiting 4 cities in China on a cruise, stopping for 1day each. Do w...
Asked by Roland from Canada
| Jun. 05, 2015 22:21
Canadian Permanent Resident with a HK visa
Asked by Maisha
| Apr. 21, 2016 04:16
Does a Canadian passport holder coming to Beijing to do an 8 day tour to Sh...
Asked by tara from Canada
| Sep. 22, 2013 21:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)