Asked by JC from Philippines | Sep. 04, 2014 19:29
About:China Private Visit Visa

I am working in China. Can my wife apply for Residence Permit if she entered China using S2 Visa?

I have Work Z and currently working in Shanghai, China. I already have Work Permit and Residence Permit in China. My company offers me to work and move to another plant which is located on the other city in China. My wife already have S2 (in which she was granted 120days to stay in China). She also used my Shanghai documents for this S2 Application. Now, with me moving to different city, can she still use the S2 to enter different city? Then, if she passed the immigration and enter that city, can she apply for residence permit even though she entered using S2? Usually those with S1 Visa needs to apply Temporary Residence Permit before 30 days of their stay in Shanghai if they want to extend their visit in China.

Answers (1)
Answered by Eden from Singapore | Sep. 04, 2014 20:08
You wife can still use her S2 to enter another city, so please do not worry.
She cannot apply for a residence permit with S2. People need to leave China till the end of duratino of stay if they have S2. For your wife, she needs to leave after 120 days. If she wants to stay longer, she can apply for an extension and the extension is no longer than 120 days.
Related Questions:
My chineese zodiac is Pig. My date of birth 05 March 1959 how is 2014 for m...
Asked by Renganathan from India
| Oct. 18, 2013 21:06
I heard people saying that I need a letter from China government in order t...
Asked by Castor Wong from Malaysia
| Jan. 14, 2014 21:47
I was born on 18 th March 1990, how is my year in 2015? My career, my relat...
Asked by Surajit Bera from India
| Dec. 29, 2014 02:58
How can i get L visa to visit China ? what papers do i need to prepare?
Asked by Sarfraz Sultan from Egypt
| Nov. 27, 2012 02:55
i am holding india passport i want PRC visits visa what are the documents n...
Asked by abdul qayoom from India
| Sep. 16, 2013 02:17
i am working in malaysia. How to get a tourist visa for China??
Asked by Mrs.Rizwan from pakistan
| Apr. 24, 2009 03:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)