Asked by Missi from United States | Aug. 08, 2014 17:30
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

I have a 14 hour layover in Guangzhou requires registration of 72 hr permit at police station?

I have a 14 hour layover in Guangzhou while flying home to Las Angeles from Phuket, Thailand. We would like to explore the city during that time, would that qualify for the 72 hour free transit?

Do we need that visa to get out of the airport?

And if we are not checking into a hotel would we need to stop by a police station to register even though we are staying for such a short time?

Answers (1)
Answered by Gorden from Singapore | Aug. 08, 2014 21:23
You are qualifed for the 72-hour free transit, so you can use the time to travel around the cty.

You just need to apply for a stay permit stamp on your passport to get out of the airport.

If you do not check in at hotel or live in a local resident's home, it is not necessary to get a register in the local police office.
Related Questions:
Difference between 72 hour and normal visa?
Asked by Philly_10 from USA
| Nov. 06, 2017 02:54
I am omani have a 22 hour layover in Guangzhou in August. Will I be able to...
Asked by Saleh from Oman
| Jul. 25, 2013 02:29
Chengdu Long Layover - Leave for airport hotel
Asked by Steve from USA
| Sep. 14, 2017 22:06
Brisbane - Guangzhou - London
Asked by Courtney from Australia
| Jul. 17, 2017 22:02
Hi Trip from sydney to rusia
Asked by Mercedes from Australia
| May. 30, 2018 09:31
USA > Shanghai > Cambodia one week later Cambodia > Shanghai > USA
Asked by JG from USA
| Mar. 01, 2016 21:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)