Asked by Georgia from China | May. 18, 2014 09:09
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Applying for a new visa

Hi, I've got a z type and a Chinese residency permit fo that runs out in August, it was a year long one. How can i renew it without going back to the UK? I'm currently in Guangzhou, so going to Hong Kong could be an option. Do you know roughly how much it should cost? Someone I know recently applied for a 6 month one through the company he works for and it cost him 7000rmb, I can't afford this and it seems very high! Is there a way to directly apply without going through a company? Or extend my residency permit? When i arrived we were told if we wanted to stay longer the easiest thing to do would be apply to extend it....

Answers (1)
Answered by Grace from New Zealand | May. 19, 2014 01:54
After your current resident permit runs out, will you change your job? If not, you may ask your employer to help you renew your employment certificate at least one month before your current one expires. Then they can assist you to extend your resident permit. If you plan to change your job after your current resident permit expires, then you need to go back to your own country and apply for a new Z type with the help of your employer.
Related Questions:
I have one year Chinese visa in a new passport, but I have a valid Chinese ...
Asked by Savla ram from India
| May. 02, 2016 04:01
What forms of payment are acceptable to Tourist visa, applying in person to...
Asked by Graham Edwards from NZ
| Apr. 18, 2012 22:03
I'm a kiwi and applying for a tourist visa but I live in Spain. How do I ap...
Asked by Hayden from New Zealand / Spain
| Apr. 27, 2012 02:09
Applying for a new visa, do I need to attach a copy of the old visa? what h...
Asked by Tony Ng from usa
| Jun. 15, 2015 20:25
Visa with Z type, can go home and return to china without applying for new ...
Asked by Shskha from Iraq
| Jul. 25, 2015 20:53
My new passport is 2 years old, Do I need to provide my old passport when a...
Asked by Chris from Australia
| Aug. 17, 2018 01:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)