Asked by Ia from China | May. 14, 2014 05:16
About:China Work Visa

FEC and visa

I work at a Chinese university teaching English, and I have a Z and FEC that both expire on July15. My problem is that I have been offered a new job at another university but my present university say they cannot cancel my FEC until I have finished working, and the FEC has to be cancelled for the other university to be able to apply for one for the next year. What to do?
How long does it take to cancel the FEC? Is it only my present work that can do that? Is it not automatically cancelled when you apply for a new one?
Can you not hand in a new application and FEC before the old ones have expired?
I'm very confused about he situation and no one gives clear straight answers...
Please only reply if you are 100% sure; I'm tired of guessing.

Answers (1)
Answered by Steven from Canada | May. 15, 2014 02:31
Hi, it is true. You need to finish the current job and then get an release letter from your current employer. A foreigner can only have one work permit at the same time, and as I know, you just need to renew your FEC as well as the residence permit without leaving. You can also ask direct answer from the local PSB if possible.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)