Asked by DJAY | May. 12, 2014 04:31
About:China Embassy in Belgium

Belgian Service possible from China?

Hi there!
I'm currently in China and my Chinese business visa expires at the end of this month. Since it's very difficult and extremely expensive to get a 1-year renewal from here, is it possible to send my passport to Belgium (with FedEx or similar) and to get a new one for 1 year from the Chinese Service Centre in Belgium without actually having to travel back myself? Could one of my Belgian family members or friends apply in Belgium for me? How many days does a complete application require?

Answers (4)
Answered by Ted from USA | May. 13, 2014 02:17
I am afraid this is not allowed. Because there is no exit stamp of China in your passport. The fact is that applicant should be physically in the country where you make application.
Answered by DJAY | May. 13, 2014 09:41
Dear Ted,
The exit stamp is not really an issue. I could stay some time in Hong Kong. My question was rather: do I need physically to show up or can someone else apply for me?
Answered by Rock from Canada | May. 14, 2014 01:09
Hi, you can entrust someone else or a travel agency to handle your application. However, there is a rare chance to be required to present physically, when an interview is necessary by consular officers.
Answered by DJAY | May. 14, 2014 04:18

I believe indeed that I could ask someone back home to apply for me. Actually when I'm applying for a visa in Hong Kong via a travel agent (as is standard here), I never had to ask additional questions and surely didn't have to show up myself. Thanks for your input.
Related Questions:
Is it possible for a Belgian citizen to renew his/her Belgian passport in C...
Asked by J. Smeets from China
| Feb. 07, 2012 03:57
I'm Belgian, I have a 2 entries China visa, is it ok for my itinerary Bruss...
Asked by Jessica from Belgium
| Aug. 12, 2011 21:35
Chinese Tourist visa for Belgians
Asked by Antoinette from Belgium
| Jun. 04, 2014 03:30
How long does it take for a Legalized latter of invitation from belgian to ...
Asked by Mr.Michael from Nigeria
| Dec. 05, 2009 20:09
Holidays in China
Asked by CLOOS from Belgium
| Aug. 21, 2017 22:30
I'm a Belgian citizen and my partner is a Dutch citizen. I have the followi...
Asked by Mr.Michel from Belgium
| Mar. 13, 2011 20:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)