Asked by Felixberto from Philippines | Apr. 10, 2014 17:06
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

Do I need to pass by HK immigration from Macau?

I am set to arrive at HKIA and take a turbojet ferry from the airport going to macau. It was stated there that transit passengers (air to sea travel) are no longer required to go through HK immigration but instead at Macau immigration only. But I'm also planning to get back to HK for 2 days stay so I'm wondering if there is still a need for me to go through the immigration upon arrival at Hong kong-macau ferry terminal at sheung wan? Anyways, my flight arrival and departure are both based on HKIA.

Answers (1)
Answered by Blake from United Kingdom | Apr. 11, 2014 03:37
Hi, you are right there is no need to pass through HK immigration when you leave for Macao directly from Sheung wan ferry terminal. You can enjoy free landing slip for a stay of 14 days when you return from Macao.
Related Questions:
Do i need a visa from Macau to HK?
Asked by Johnson from New Zealand
| Nov. 21, 2014 00:28
May I leave the airport (Guangzhou) if I only have 5 hours layover?
Asked by Cecilia from USA
| Mar. 20, 2015 03:48
How can I go from Hong Kong Causeway Bay to Shenzhen City,Guangdong Provinc...
Asked by REM from Costa Rica
| Aug. 25, 2014 23:04
i am arriving in Terminal 1 flying from Amsterdam to Shanghai and need to t...
Asked by air2fakie from holland
| Nov. 13, 2013 19:52
Visa on arrival process in Macau
Asked by Arvindh from India
| Nov. 19, 2015 02:32
Is Hong Kong Visa needed when using the ferry transfer from HKIA to mainlan...
Asked by Johnny from Lebanon
| Nov. 04, 2015 02:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)