Asked by Nanjula Bogahage from Sri Lanka | Mar. 16, 2014 22:21
About:China Embassy in Sri Lanka

I appreciate that if someone helpe me with my visa.

Dear Sir / Madam,
I am Sri Lankan and work in Motherson Electrical wire Lanka Pvt Ltd (BOI Company). We are company of Samavardhana Motherson Group in India, which has Office and Factories in India, Sri Lanka, UAE, China,

This year Samavardhana Motherson Group Maintenance Manager Meeting is scheduled to be held in Hangzhou. I am nominated for the Maintenance Managers meeting.

For apply Business type, I asked Original “Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit”or “Confirmation Letter of Invitation”from Duly Authorized Unit from Our Chinese Company. I process those documents for government invitation letter; they informed me that our situation is not qualified for application.

The reason is Sri Lanka is a special country for our foreign affair office, they say being brother company is not enough. only those companies that have business relation can apply this. Saying business relation, they require specific business contract, Declaration of export tax rebates between two companies. Since we have no material about this, we cannot apply. Meanwhile, our government suggests you to process a L type rather than a M type. Then I asked for apply Tourist Visa I required “Invitation Letter for Tourist” from Chinese Tourist Bureau (个人旅游邀请函). I have consulted our Chinese tourist bureau and some famous travel agency, unfortunately, they say they can’t issue this invitation letter for tourist and they had never done this before. Besides, they believe it is not necessary to have this for individual L type to PRC. Can you please confirm this again with the embassy? Sorry for failing in helping you. Kindly advise applying on it.

Answers (1)
Answered by Byran from Germany | Mar. 17, 2014 01:53
Yes, individual L type applicants just need to provide their round-trips air tickets and hotel booking information in PRC beside their passport, application form and a passport size photo. I have no idea why they ask for an invitation letter from Chinese Tourism Bureau. I think you might reconfirm with the embassy if you can apply with round-trip air tickets and hotel booking.
Related Questions:
also where shall i contact to do so (a government organization, a bureau et...
Asked by Lilit from Russia
| Nov. 04, 2018 17:52
Beloved Dragon,from afg, I want to know my lucky number.
| Jan. 09, 2015 00:39
Hello, my Name is Ricardo Paredes from Colombia, and I have 2 questions: 1....
Asked by Mr.Ricardo from Colombia
| Jul. 19, 2009 22:16
We're staying in Beijing with The 72 Hour Free Visa.
Asked by Bauti from Spain
| Nov. 17, 2016 21:51
Could I enter the transit area of Beijing Airport Terminal 3 to see my frie...
Asked by Ms.Natalia from England
| Mar. 09, 2011 20:22
Working as a basketball coach
Asked by Mike from Montenegro
| Jun. 18, 2017 20:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)