Asked by christopher from srilanka | Jan. 27, 2014 09:44
About:Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka

i have to apply hongkong visa thru hk immigration by post or handover to china embassy in srilanka.?

I cannot send my passport to hk immigration by post or thru chinese embassy due to my traveling schedules are frequent to other countries. So i can send the passport copies are ok?HKTDC ask me to send the application by posy to hk immg. Or submit to china embassy in srilanka. tell me ORIGINAL PASSPORT SHOULD BE SUBMIT OR COPIES ARE ENOUGH?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sandy from Denmark | Jan. 28, 2014 01:10
HKTDC is right. You should apply from the Chinese embassy in your country or the HK Immigration Department. No matter where you apply, you should submit your original passport and a copy of your passport information page. I think you can contact the embassy and ask how long your application will be processed. If it is handled by the embassy, you just need to wait for four days. If it is sent to the HK Immigration Department, you will wait for around a month.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa to Guangzhou if I transit via HK (the layover will be 1 ho...
Asked by Judy from Australia
| May. 02, 2017 21:46
I would like to know if Maldivian Passport holders need to apply for touris...
Asked by ISMAIL from Maldives
| Oct. 10, 2011 03:23
Hi, I'm holding Indonesian passport and planning to go to HuiZhou, GuangDon...
Asked by Mr.Ong from Indonesia
| Sep. 16, 2009 21:56
Hello, we are planning to visit GZ next month by passing thru Hongkong. Wha...
Asked by BZee from Philippines
| Oct. 04, 2012 22:52
hi , i just wanna ask if i can just apply for the china visa thru the embas...
Asked by Ms.nury from Indonesia
| Oct. 04, 2010 03:47
I am holder of Pakistani passport and living in Bayern Germany on EU Blue C...
Asked by Kashif from Germany
| Dec. 01, 2016 21:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)