Asked by Summer from Singapore | Nov. 13, 2013 21:11
About:China Embassy in Singapore

Any visa required for Thai passport holder to GuangZhou for 3 days?


I had a thai friend who is holding a Thai passport who would be coming to Singapore for holiday before travelling to Guang Zhou & Hong kong with me. I would like to find out does my friend need to apply for it and how to apply for it. Does he need to apply in Thailand or Singapore? And what documents do we need to prepare and what are the procedures involved. Lastly, please advise me how long would it take to approve and the cost of it.

Our travel Itinery is 6 Days & 5 Nights :

Date: 26 Dec 2013
Depart: Singapore to Guang Zhou ( 2 Nights )

Date: 28 Dec 2013
Depart: Guang Zhou to Hong Kong ( 3 Nights )

Date: 31 Dec 2013
Depart: Hong Kong to Singapore

Answers (1)
Answered by Neil from Canada | Nov. 14, 2013 03:02
Yes, you friend needs to apply for a Chinese tourist L in advance in Thailand. Regular processing takes 4 working days. Round-trip ticket and hotel booking are required for application. Fee is THB1000 for a single entry.
Related Questions:
Thai passport transiting Guangzhou with 3 hour layover. Is a transit visa ...
Asked by Ning from Thailand
| Oct. 31, 2017 20:48
do a Thai passport holder need a transit visa Bangkok-Shenghai,Shenghai-Tor...
Asked by Thailand from Canada
| Sep. 29, 2013 03:28
Hi, I am a Thai passport holder and is travelling to Beijing for 4 days. Do...
Asked by Mr.Kavee from Thailand
| Dec. 13, 2009 02:39
Is a VISA required for a South African passport holder travelling to Hong K...
Asked by Imran Y Mahomed from South Africa
| May. 14, 2016 21:12
Connecting flight to the US at Nanjing Lukou International Airport
Asked by Pat from Thailand
| Jan. 11, 2017 21:18
I'm Indian. I want to travel to guangzhou for 3 days . Is visa required for...
Asked by Ratna from India
| Oct. 31, 2015 01:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)