Asked by Andrew M. from USA | Oct. 11, 2013 04:06
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Very Confusing Visa Situation. Sorry for the Length.

I lost my passport (I am American) while in Beijing, and while it was lost I overstayed my visa. I have overstayed about a month and a half now, and I am prepared to pay all necessary fines. I have a flight booked on October 21st, but I am not sure how to pay my fine and exit. I have no physical visa in my passport, but I do have the photocopy of my old expired one. Will this be enough to get through the airport? If not....people then tell me to go to the PSB and get a new visa, but then...

The PSB tells me I need to register my new passport to get an exit visa, but I can't get register without a valid visa. I am lost and confused in this situation. I have looked all over the internet and talked with various agencies, but my situation seems to be unique and people can't help. I just want to pay my fines and leave China. Please help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Lori from Canada | Oct. 12, 2013 01:00
Hi, do you have a copy of the Chinese visa in your old passport? I think you need to get your new passport registered in local police station and then get an exit visa. Please visit the PSB again with a Chinese friend as interpreter if any and make sure be polite and explain to them your situation and regret for overstaying because they have the final say to this issue.
Related Questions:
Asked by Josh from United Kingdom
| Sep. 27, 2013 01:10
I am arriving in Beijing 9 nov 10.25am, get on a ship 12 nov travel to s Ko...
Asked by karen from united Kingdom
| Sep. 01, 2016 22:11
I am studying in Beijing at the moment with an F type visa, however my visa...
Asked by Ms.Si kai from England
| Aug. 12, 2010 00:29
what is the best way to obtain a visa to visit China for a USA citizen?
Asked by carrie from USA
| Jul. 16, 2013 01:45
What is the length of stay in china with tourist visa?
Asked by mazii from USA
| Aug. 21, 2013 20:57
Entering Mainland Twice in a Week
Asked by Kyle from USA
| Apr. 07, 2016 21:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)