Asked by Frusfrated from Malaysia | Sep. 29, 2013 10:34
About:Marriage Registration in China

Permission to give birth?

I am a Malaysian with a Chinese wife and expecting our baby soon. The local government office in China has requested me to provide a "Permission to give birth" certificate from our Malaysia counterpart. As my child will be registered for Malaysian citizenship at our embassy, does this rule even apply to foreigners as well and where can I obtain this unknown certificate?

Answers (1)
Answered by Derek from USA | Sep. 30, 2013 03:13
Personally, I don't think so. If you and your wife decides to register a Hukou for your child in China, than your wife has to apply for the birth certificate. If you decide to let your child become a Malaysian in the future, then I don't think you need to provide a birth certificate (or whatsoever).

And you need to apply for your child a Malaysian passport after his birth and then apply for a visa for him/her if you want to bring him/her to Malaysia.
Related Questions:
Which hospital is good for give birth in nanjing?
Asked by Mr.Daniela from Russia
| Oct. 25, 2010 04:34
I need to travel from Hong Kong to Shanghai, use 72 hour free transit and f...
Asked by Kamila from czech republic
| Oct. 30, 2015 03:42
Dear sir I get married with a Chinese girl After what I do if want long tim...
Asked by Anilkumar from India
| Feb. 09, 2017 01:24
I am earth snake born in 1989 and got married to wood rat 1984
Asked by Phanzom from Bhutan
| Nov. 20, 2014 00:48
Will I the tiger give birth to the rabbits baby this year?
Asked by Meg from USA
| Feb. 01, 2015 02:03
my birth is 17 september ,pls give me lucky no
Asked by Mrs.lin from MALAYSIA
| Sep. 29, 2009 04:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)