Asked by Tom from USA | Sep. 07, 2013 11:04
About:Visa Policy of China

applying for a new visa while in china after marriage

I am American and I currently have a tourist type (L), and will be visiting China for 30 days in December. While there, my fiance who is Chinese and I will be married. Is it possible to apply for a new one while in China, perhaps a Q or S type one so that I can visit my spouse there in China more often? I am confused since there are many types for China and don't really understand the difference in the two types, but I understand as a spouse that I can apply for one to visit her more often with a visa that does not expire each year. Is this correct? Where do I apply while in China? She is a Chinese resident living in Shenzhen but her hukou is in Hangzou where we will marry. I appreciate any help or advice you may give. Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Abbey from Germany | Sep. 08, 2013 04:43
After getting married, you can apply for a Q1 type, which allows you to stay in PRC from 180 days to 5 years.
Related Questions:
China, Hongkong and Makau Visa from Delhi
Asked by Neel Smith from India
| Jun. 11, 2012 20:33
Sponsor partners China trip
Asked by Karen from Australia
| Mar. 21, 2018 21:05
X visa requirements
Asked by Carlos from Rwanda
| Aug. 12, 2018 20:14
Emigration Passport entry to china
Asked by Manish Bajaj from India
| Dec. 17, 2013 04:00
S1 along with Z Visa
Asked by Chakradhar from India
| Jul. 15, 2018 20:28
does chinese embassy keep documents after applying for a visa?
Asked by princesa
| Feb. 17, 2013 01:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)