Asked by Mayumi from Japan | Aug. 26, 2013 11:16
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Japan(Toronto)-(Via Shanghai (overnight Layover))-Hongkong-(Via Shanghai)-Japan(Hiroshima)

I am Japanese and will travel to Hong kong with a Canadian friend. We will go Hong kong Via Shanghai and stay in shanghai around 23 hours because of the transit. While we will stay in Shanghai for waiting for the flight to Hong kong, can I and my Canadian friend go out from airport and enjoy sightseeing using this 72 hour free transit?? If so, do the Canadian friend have to apply for the visa free permit at airport in Japan before we take off to Shanghai and Hong kong??

Answers (1)
Answered by Oliver from USA | Aug. 27, 2013 04:01
Hi, you are exempted with your passsport. And if the stopover is less than 24 hours, your friend can apply for free transit permit after arrival at the airport. Hotel reservation and flight ticket are required then. Also, you can confirm this with your airline before boarding the plane in Japan if they will handle this to Shanghai airport directly.
Related Questions:
What is the fastest overnight train Guangzhou to Shanghai
Asked by Frank Browning from France
| Jul. 30, 2013 03:26
Are there any overnight trains from Hangzhou to shanghai?
Asked by from Singapore
| Jan. 25, 2011 01:27
I have overnight layover at Pudong airport, can i stay overnight at airport...
Asked by Rushma from Nepal
| Jan. 11, 2015 03:11
I am looking for option of bus travel between Shanghai and Beijing
Asked by Dwarkanath from USA
| Sep. 16, 2018 19:34
is there any overnight train tickets available for Feb 12th for Shanghai to...
Asked by Priscilla(from mobile) from Canada
| Jan. 14, 2015 00:16
Will this work?>
Asked by John from USA
| Jul. 25, 2017 20:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)