Asked by Roger from China | Aug. 20, 2013 02:02
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

American Married to China Citizen

My Chinese wife and stepdaughter are living in Beijing. My current visa is type F and is now being extended as it would have expired at the end of August. I also read that I cannot work if I get a residence permit as a family member. I am trying to avoid returning to the states just to renew my F. I do work as a consultant to a US/China JV. Can I just go to HK and get a renewed 1 year F? How long does it take?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tracy from Canada | Aug. 20, 2013 03:59
Hi, if you work as a consultant here, you should better apply for a work Z directly. So just start your application with the work permit/Employment license and official work invitation letter. You are not allowed to work on F, so to get a new F can not be an option actually.
Related Questions:
Married in USA - To live in China
Asked by Buck Dixon from USA
| Mar. 25, 2018 21:46
My lady was born in China is now citizen of USA. I being American can we g...
Asked by Attila Mathe from USA
| Apr. 18, 2016 04:12
Marriage of American man to Chinese woman married in China, valid in the Un...
Asked by Carol Shraiberg from United States
| Dec. 22, 2014 21:36
L or Q Visa
Asked by Emily from USA
| May. 21, 2018 21:50
Do American citizen need visa for china?
Asked by Banu from USA
| Mar. 31, 2014 02:27
Marriage in China and permanent visa statues.
Asked by Christian from United States
| Sep. 07, 2014 14:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)