Asked by Markus from Switzerland | Aug. 18, 2013 09:31
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

72 Hour Visa free transit European Country

I am planning to fly with LH from Frankfurt to Shanghai - stay for less than 72hrs and than flying back to Zürich with Swiss Air Lines (booked ticket). Would this be a legal way to stay with a G type one? How do I inform the Airline that I would like to visit the City? Are there any Information about how Long it takes to get it?
Regards Markus

Answers (1)
Answered by Jane from United Kingdom | Aug. 19, 2013 04:19
I think you can enjoy 72 hours free transit in Shanghai. Usually, the airlines will ask the passengers if they want to do 72 hours free transit. If they don't, you have to tell them at least 30 minutes before the plane lands. It's very easy. When you follow the signs to pass the checkpoint, you will get sealed on your passport if you meet the requirements. It doesn't take much longer time.
Related Questions:
Question on 72 hours and rules on ongoing destination.
Asked by Jakob Christensen from Denmark
| Dec. 14, 2013 00:11
What does third country mean for 72 hour visa in China?
Asked by Andrea from United Kingdom
| Mar. 02, 2015 21:59
Canada - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Canada
Asked by BC from Canada
| Jan. 10, 2014 02:52
Does the 72 hour free transit apply if I fly US-PEK-US?? Or only if onward ...
Asked by Dustin from USA
| Jan. 13, 2017 00:39
Hi I am flying from Perth Australia to Guangzhou for a two day stopover the...
Asked by TRACEY from Australia
| Mar. 16, 2014 02:16
Arrive Shanghai by cruise ship in morning and depart by plane to Sydney in ...
Asked by TM from Australia
| Jan. 20, 2017 23:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)