Asked by Ian | Jul. 28, 2013 21:56
About:China Embassy in Australia

US citizen applying for work visa from Australia

My situation:
I have been in China on a students visa. I just recently found a job with a Chinese company and they have offered to sponsor me for a working visa. At first, I will be sent to Australia for a few months for business. I was planning to convert my students visa to a working visa through an office in Australia while I'm there. I know the rules have changed just recently for China and I heard a rumor that all visas need to be applied for in your country of citizenship. Could you please address this issue?

Thank You

Answers (1)
Answered by Gorge from Italy | Jul. 29, 2013 03:25

It's for sure that some new changes have been made after the implementation of the new Entry and Exit Management Law. Unfortunately, no confirmed information has been revealt. Personally, I think you should consult with the Chinese embassy or consulate to confirm this. This is the tel number for Chinese CVASC in Melbourne. Call: +61-03-9937-2308
Related Questions:
do I need to show a booked flight or is a quote from a travel agent suffici...
Asked by Sarah from Australia
| Jun. 30, 2014 22:33
Can a Bible be mailed to Zhengzhou, Henan, China from the U.S.?
Asked by lisa
| Nov. 08, 2014 03:12
Are there any travel limitations with the Z Visa?
Asked by Amin from USA
| Apr. 23, 2015 03:24
Do I need a visa for a 4 hour layover from US citizen going to Australia in...
Asked by Katie from USA
| Jan. 09, 2015 02:46
What visa will i need if i want to get access to my home embassy in Beijing...
Asked by Princewill from Australia
| Oct. 17, 2011 02:48
Do I as a New Zealander living in Australia have to be in NZ or apply from ...
Asked by Melissa from Australia
| Nov. 29, 2012 03:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)