Asked by Ms.TRISLA | Jul. 27, 2013 18:27
About:Forbidden City

my itinerary in Beijing

i will visit BJ with my family (2 adult + 2 child) from August 07, 2013 - August 10, 2013
we need advise for our itinerary :

#August 07# Day 1
00.50 arrive BJ airport, take hourly room
07.00 Airport - Park Plaza BJ Wangfujing Hotel by train. drop luggage hotel
at the 1st day, we want to visit Forbidden city, Tiannamen square and Temple of heaven
Question :
which place we shld go first if we using metro/subway ?
is there any one day pass train or 3 days passes train ? how much the cost for each passes ?

#August 08# Day 2
Great wall (bandaling)

#August 09# Day 3
Summer Palace

#August 10# Day 4
BJ- Shanghai by train
we plan to using a bullet train
question :
Where we can buy a tickect ?
shld we buy a ticket 1-2 days before ?
how do we get from our hotel to the station ?


Answers (1)
Answered by Bella from United Kingdom | Jul. 27, 2013 21:17
It is suggested to go to the Temple of Heaven by using the subway line 5.
That city does not have a one day pass or 3 day pass.
For the train tickets to Shanghai, you need to buy tickets at BJ South Railway Station or buying online.
It is suggested to book 1 to 2 days before to make sure you can get a good seat.
From your hotel, you can take the subway line 5 to reach Chongwenmen Station where you can change to line 2 to reach Xuanwumen Station. From there, you can take the line 4 to reach the South Railway Station.

Since you stay in BJ for a long time, it is suggested to visit the Hutongs in Houhai area to enjoy the local rail culture. After if visit Badaling, the Ming Tombs are also suggested to go. These are may suggestions for your reference. Hope you can have a pleasant trip there.
Related Questions:
do i qualify for the 72 hour transit visa?
Asked by marco carmona from Philippines
| Apr. 12, 2015 20:48
do i qualify 72 hour free transit visa? i hold a us passport.
Asked by marco carlos from Philippines
| Apr. 13, 2015 20:22
Do I need I Hongkong or Chinese visa to travel in Indianapolis?
Asked by Emmanuel from Philippines
| Nov. 26, 2017 10:59
72 hour visa. I am planning to come to Beijing from Chicago for 48 hours.
Asked by spb from USA
| May. 12, 2015 20:11
Visa for a Malaysia passport holder
Asked by linda from Malaysia
| Nov. 27, 2017 00:15
I am Dutch, living in Taiwan, have an ARC, planning on going to Beijing for...
Asked by Patricia from Taiwan
| Oct. 12, 2018 11:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)