Asked by Dante from United Kingdom | Jul. 25, 2013 00:09
About:Chinese Embassy in U.K.

As a British citizen do I need to go to Hong Kong to change my visa?

Hi, I am currently having just finished 1 year studying on a scholarship. My residence permit expires at the end of August but I have been offered work to teach English. Do I need to go to HK to change it to a working Z? I know some new rules have been applied since 1st July but it’s not clear if I need to leave to get a new one.

Answers (1)
Answered by Johnny from USA | Jul. 25, 2013 03:50
Hi, as I know, it is impossible to change types within mainland PRC now. To apply for a work Z in HK is the only option if you do not want to go back to UK. Anyway, you can try to contact a travel agency first for the latest information because I heard rumors that non-HK residents can not apply in HK any more.
Related Questions:
I am a British citizen living in Japan. Do I need a visa to go to Hong Kong...
Asked by Mr.Jamie Findlay from Japan
| Jun. 14, 2009 01:27
Changing a X type to L
Asked by Ruth from United Kingdom
| Jun. 24, 2013 03:53
Hi! I was born in Hong Kong holding a British passport while my mom was a C...
Asked by Ms.HK from Philippines
| Sep. 22, 2010 22:02
I am a British citizen, & will have a chinese Visa. Do i need a seperate o...
Asked by RPD from England
| Jun. 09, 2013 01:11
I am booked to do a paid music performance in Hong Kong. I am a British Cit...
Asked by alex from United Kingdom
| Feb. 16, 2016 20:15
Can I arrange for my partner to get a long term non working visa so she can...
Asked by John from United Kingdom
| Mar. 11, 2015 21:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)