Asked by kevin from Indonesia | Jul. 21, 2013 08:38
About:China Student Visa

Can a Tourist visa processed to become a temporary residence permit?

Hello, I am an Indonesian student who plan to attend a university in Beijing this year. My agency told me that they can not process the jw202 because I haven't 18 years old yet. They advised me to use an L one to go to China and process it to a residence permit. Does jw202 have age requirement? Can a L type one processed to become a temporary residence permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Steven from Netherlands | Jul. 23, 2013 02:21
There is no age limit on X visa application. I can't understand why the agency refuses to apply for the X directly for you. By the way, it's illegal to study in China with a L type one. I think you should confirm this with with your agency. Please be noted whether the agency plays tricks on you.
Related Questions:
Hi, where do I go to in shanghai to have my Q1 visa processed/ apply for Te...
Asked by Yap from Singapore
| Jul. 28, 2016 22:32
Can I work on a Z visa before obtaining the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Mamahuhu
| Jan. 11, 2015 01:47
Can I travel on my Z Visa before I get the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Muse from USA
| Jun. 29, 2015 20:59
Travelling within China without a passport
Asked by JP from Canada
| Feb. 27, 2014 03:52
what about relation authentication and relation translation?
Asked by anto from Indonesia
| Oct. 08, 2015 21:36
X1 visa extension requirements and procedure
Asked by Tim from India
| Sep. 24, 2018 23:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)