Asked by Michael from USA | Jul. 15, 2013 01:26
About:China Visa Application in USA

Tourist VISA for Spouse of Student Going to China


I am attending school in Shanghai and my wife will be coming with me. I have the school admission letter and Foreign Student Application Form (JW202) for my student X type one. As for my wife, will she need to show a copy of the flight tickets or will my school documents be sufficient? We will be applying at the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco.

Also, I was born in Taiwan and have been an US citizen for more than 10 years. Will I need to submit my original Taiwanese Passport? Or will a photo copy be enough? I have also visited China when I was a teenager so likely had an expired one in my Taiwanese Passport. Will I need to submit a photocopy of that as well?


Answers (1)
Answered by Charles from USA | Jul. 15, 2013 21:33
Yes, you need to provide the original Taiwan passport and a photocopy of its information/photo page and a copy of the previous one in your passport. Your wife should provide marriage certificate for her application as a dependent.
Related Questions:
Can I enter China on a tourist L type, then change it to a spouse visa whi...
Asked by ray from mark2112
| Jul. 27, 2016 21:44
I am a student and my wife has spouse visa. For me to change to work Z type...
Asked by Dan from China
| Jan. 03, 2016 19:51
American citizen living in Beijing with American spouse who is a student
Asked by Mio from USA
| Oct. 10, 2017 03:17
Can we extend the S2 visa in China?
Asked by sally from China
| Oct. 28, 2014 02:43
My husband is going to work in Shanghai in Feb. 2011 and now gets the worki...
Ms.WUEN from Taiwan, Province Of China
| Jan. 12, 2011 01:33
Tourist visas changed to Student X1 and Spouse S1 visas inland
Asked by Aaron from USA
| Apr. 23, 2018 01:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)