Asked by Ernie from Australia | Jun. 19, 2013 05:16
About:China Flight

Hi, I have an Australian passport and have to wait for 20 hours for connecting flight to / from USA

Do I need a visa from Australia transit Shanghai stay in a hotel while waiting for my next day connecting flt to USA? And from USA will transit Beijing stay in a hotel while waiting for my next day connecting flt back to Australia? If I need a visa where and how to apply?

Answers (1)
Answered by Steven from UK | Jun. 20, 2013 04:27
You can enjoy 72 hours free transit via Shanghai(Hongqiao) airport and Shanghai(Pudong) airport. However, you need to pay attention to the time. Confirmed interline ticket and valid visa to the third country or region (if required) are needed for entry. According to presentations by the Exit and Entry Administration of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau (PSB), the 72 hours will be counted from the moment visitors get their transit permits, but not the time when they land at the airport.
Related Questions:
I have to wait six hours for connecting flight at CAN to NZ. Are there faci...
Asked by Lesley from United Kingdom
| Feb. 05, 2016 19:03
Will be arriving T1 from China Eastern from Taiwan at 20:20, my connecting ...
Asked by Ms.Christine from USA
| Jun. 11, 2010 20:26
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen, I will have to travell from PVG to SHA
Asked by Gam from Canada
| Oct. 16, 2018 16:05
I have Chinese student visa, do need a transit L for visiting other city in...
Asked by Anant kumar from India
| Jul. 31, 2013 01:32
No visa needed for 2-hour transit in HK?
Asked by Lisanne from United Kingdom
| Jun. 01, 2016 22:55
Transfering in Guangzhou
Asked by Vanya long from Cambodia
| Jul. 23, 2014 20:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)