Asked by Ms.LYONHEART111 | Apr. 28, 2013 12:29
About:Visa Policy of China

Can you help me with my problems?

(1) Thank you for having this forum, well I am an American living in America. I want to marry my lady who is Chinese and lives in Chongqing. I researched dozens of sources, it seemed no one either made sense or agreed, and finally I think I found a reliable one. A respected matchmaker for International couples, Fred Wahl of 'Yahoo Questions' says I can go to China and do this having in hand valid originals or certified copies of the following items:

[valid passport, Chinese visa, ID, marriagibility certificate, divorce papers, and birth certificate]

He then states: "I visit a US consulate in China (there are a bunch) and swears in front of a consular officer he is currently single. The consular officer gives him a document saying so."

He goes on: "Then he joins his future bride bringing his documents. She provides similar ones on her side.
Depending on the size of the town, there are now civil agencies, that specialize in conducting marriages for foreigners. If so, go there, they will arrange translations if needed. If not, arrange translations of the english documents yourself then attend the civil marriage agency the locals use.."

Do you or anyone here reading this knowledgeable with current policies regarding the above concurr with the above?..if not can you better inform?
Secondary to above: Would I need a history of us together in addition to above for a China marriage?
(ie. pictures, letters between us etc.).

(2) To be sure, if I am legally married in China does or can the 'family visit visa/residency pemit apply to me as well? Simply can I get this residency (temporary) because I can then claim her family as my in-laws/relatives? Thank you.
I am aware through this forum that having a temporary residence permit is good for a year and has to be renewed. Is this still true as of thia date? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Lynn | May. 02, 2013 04:31
Hi, you can apply for a tourist L this time, but you have to prepare documents such as Affidavit of Single Status, Birth certificate, Passport. Then get your marriage registration in Chongqing Civil Affairs Office. I am not sure if a swear at US consulate is necessary, but there is no doubt that you are able to get a family visit L/residence permit for family visit.
Related Questions:
Hi, I born in 2nd April 1980,(2/4/1980)but u considered my date of birth as...
Asked by Saritha Santhosh from Qatar
| Sep. 05, 2015 02:08
My name is sonia kamwal My dob is 19/06/1987. Love life and marriage?
Asked by Sonia from United Kingdom
| Feb. 09, 2014 00:17
hi, i was born on Feb 1, 1960. This year or this month, will my problems b...
Asked by Mrs.Lilian from Philippines
| Feb. 11, 2010 03:38
Can I travel in de first 30 days of my S1 visa, I need to go to Hongkong it...
Asked by madelon from China
| Aug. 14, 2014 01:36
I am horse 22 June 1990 with bf dragon 16 July Indian astrology our...
Asked by Vibha from India
| Oct. 11, 2015 14:55
My Name is Gabrielle born in England living in Canada
Asked by Gabrielle from Canada
| Jul. 11, 2015 03:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)