Asked by Paul from Australia | Apr. 24, 2013 08:34
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Do I need multiple entry visa if travelling between HK?

Hi, I have 4 questions:
1. I want to stay in Guangzhou area for about 3 months but also want to visit HK and Macao a few times in the meantime. Do I need multiple entry to China or single entry is enough?
2. Can I apply for another entry from any country even if it is not my country? Let's say if I travel to Europe after 3 months stay there and then want to go back can I get another one from Spain?
3. Can I get a 6 months tourist multiple entry? I didn't see any restrictions on the application form.
4. The application form requires for me to state the place and contact number where I will stay. I actually intend to rent a furnished unit for 2-3 months through the real estate agency once I get there. I don't seem to be able to skip the part about the contact details. Is there any way of me just getting it without filling this part in?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jeffery | Apr. 25, 2013 02:46
You need a multiple entry because leaving either HK or Macao counts an exit from mainland. To apply in a third country is possible, but the policy is getting tough this year and you may not able to get one if you are a temporary traveller there. The best option for you is to apply for a multiple entry in Australia in the begining. I am not sure if you are visit for tourism or business, if you don't know anyone over there, or do not have an invitation letter, hotel bookings are required. It is ok if you can provide bookings for the first few nights after arrival. So, just put the hotel contact details to the form.
Related Questions:
Thanks Ms TravelinginChina. In regards to HK Visa, What is the difference ...
Asked by Ms.Fi from Indonesia
| Feb. 07, 2010 19:14
Going to Beijing for 2 days, then on cruise for 7 days, then back to Beijin...
Asked by Katherine from USA
| Aug. 17, 2016 22:28
Malysian planning to visit Macao and ZhuJiang with multiple entries over on...
Asked by Edmund from Huang
| May. 09, 2015 22:35
I am travelling from indonesia to hongkong-shenzhen-hongkong-beijing-. do i...
Asked by Ms.Meilin from Indonesia
| Mar. 11, 2010 03:50
I'm HK resident with the card to return China, can I apply for multiple en...
Asked by Ms.Jade from HK
| Aug. 04, 2010 04:26
I am arriving in Shanghai to board a cruise which stops at Hong Kong.
Asked by June from New Zealand
| Jul. 09, 2017 22:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)