Asked by Daniel O'Callaghan from Ireland | Apr. 21, 2013 09:14
About:Chinese Embasy in Ireland

Will a Visa to visit Hong Kong be sufficient to vist mainland also?

I plan to visit Hong Kong from 16 November 2013 to 21 November 2013.
I will apply for one to travel to Hong Kong and wish to know if the same one would allow me visit mainland also.
I don't have any specific dates to travel into mainland and would probably only do a day trip from Hong Kong but I have not booked any trip and probably will not do so until I reach Hong Kong.
My brother will travel with me.
We are both born in Ireland and have been Irish Citizens since birth.
Our visit will be entirely as Tourists.

We are discussing a trip to China next year to include Beijing and other parts.
Would that we get to visit Hong Kong in November 2013 be valid for some months and would it be enough to allow us re-enter China some time next year?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lee from New Zealand | Apr. 22, 2013 01:17
Do you hold Irish passports? If so, you can stay in HK for 90 days at most. A one-day trip to mainland China? Where are you going to, Shenzhen or any other places? If you visit Shenzhen only, you will be possibly granted with VOA at Luohu Port, which allows you to stay in Shenzhen for five days. However, you can't go to any other places.

If you stay at any big hotel in HK (for example, Holiday Inn), you can ask them to process your visa to mainland. But it is a bit expensive. You may confirm with this when booking your hotel.
Related Questions:
Visa for Hong Kong re-entry
Asked by Corin from Australia
| Mar. 29, 2016 22:42
Dear Sir/Madam I am an Indonesian holding a Singapore student pass and p...
Asked by Mr.Rio from Indonesia
| Jun. 23, 2009 21:19
I'm Georgia's citizen. As i learned i can only get one month single entry t...
Asked by Mia from Georgia
| Dec. 31, 2012 00:32
i am a india citizen. How do i get a 3 mth vist visa to hong kong to visit ...
Asked by anil
| Jun. 06, 2013 02:20
us citizen with a US Passport wants to vist hong kong
Asked by cliff from USA
| Aug. 07, 2012 03:16
Im a citizen of Nepal currently working in papua new guinea.
Asked by Durga Shrestha from Nepal
| Jul. 09, 2017 20:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)