Asked by Sue from Australia | Apr. 01, 2013 22:50
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Extension of visa for Gap student working at a Chinese school

Can you please advise me, on behalf of my son who is currently in Yantai, as a Gap student. He was given a 6 month visa which will expire in July. He has been told that he needs to leave the country to renew it, but there seems to be conflicting advice regarding this matter. He was also told he can renew it in Hong Kong, but a previous posting on this site says otherwise. Can you please advise! He plans to visit a neighbouring country/countries during the summer anyway, but will need an extension when he returns to complete the year teaching.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mars | Apr. 02, 2013 04:51
HK is an option for him to get a new visa. It is not an extension anyway if apply outside of mainland. But make sure get required documents from the school before leaving.
Related Questions:
is the visa extension office working during chinese new year?
Asked by Chhavi from India
| Jan. 24, 2014 01:40
Hello, can I be working on student visa and how much is school fee
Asked by Akinsola aminat from Nigeria
| Oct. 08, 2018 01:35
Should I apply for a student visa or a family visit?
Asked by Angela from Singapore
| Jan. 11, 2015 01:06
Part time work on a student visa
Asked by Fgg123
| May. 20, 2012 03:15
Extension of X Visa
Asked by Jennifer from South Africa
| Mar. 02, 2016 21:29
very urgent please, i want to do a working permit transfer to another schoo...
Asked by Abigail from china
| Jun. 20, 2018 04:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)