Asked by tom from shanghai | Mar. 15, 2013 20:35
About:China Work Visa

Leaving the country once I've got my Z visa

Hi, I've just been to Hong Kong and received my Z visa for working/living in China for a year. I am teaching over in Shanghai and get two months off in the summer. Would I be able to leave China for a holiday top Japan then come back and use my Z? If not what would my process be to continue my teaching placement when I return, baring in mind I would still have 7 months left on my Z.

Answers (3)
Answered by Brad from Poland | Mar. 16, 2013 03:01
Do you get the temporary residence permit in Shanghai based on your work contract? if yes, please check it carefully, you can use the residence permit for entry.
BTW, I am confused if you mean your Z visa is valid for a year with multiple entries?
Answered by tom from china | Mar. 16, 2013 04:20
Yes well when i received my Z visa it says on it 01 entries, presumably then if i left the country I would need a new one to re-enter China? I will ask my employer about a residence permit however currently i only have a Z.
Answered by Brad from Poland | Mar. 19, 2013 01:00
Yes, you should have a new visa if you leave China with your single entry Z. According to China visa regulation, Z holders should apply for residence permit at local PSB within 30 days after entry.
Related Questions:
Multi enter visa
Asked by Hilma from Comoros Island
| Aug. 14, 2017 00:43
Hello Dear i am from Gambia West Africa. I am recently in China with 1 mont...
Asked by Alex from The Gambia
| Dec. 03, 2015 18:56
Can i extend my Z visa resident permit with new employer, if my last reside...
Asked by Sam from China
| Oct. 14, 2016 04:28
L Renewal in Shanghai without leaving
Asked by Sarah from Canada
| May. 22, 2013 03:02
convert M into a L visa
Asked by Tania from Ivory Coast
| Feb. 27, 2014 02:32
My wife will get a Z visa to work in China as a teacher, if I get a Z visa ...
Asked by Jeff_Canada from Canada
| Jul. 27, 2011 23:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)