Asked by Dennis Su from USA | Mar. 06, 2013 04:19
About:Embassy & Consulates of South Korea in China

I am a US citizen, if I travel to Seoul, can I get alient registration with a validation of 6 month

I am a US citizen working and living in Beijing, China, I booked on a group tour to Seoul.

However, I will need to apply for a Chinese visa to come back to Beijing. By reading the Chniese Embassy note, I understand I will need an alient registration card from the SK government valid for 6 months, Can I get it on my entry to South Kerea?

Answers (1)
Answered by Van from Australia | Mar. 06, 2013 21:29
Hi, I am afraid not, ARC is issued to foreigners who work in S.Korea. If you are not having Company Registration Document for the Korean Company, they will not give you the ARC card. But if you working and living in Beijing, you have valid residence permit for China, right? if yes, why you need to get a new visa?
Related Questions:
I am an American teaching ESL in Seoul, South Korea. I am confused by the ...
Asked by Ms.Heidi Wieck from America
| Feb. 22, 2011 01:15
72-Hour Visa-Free Transit in Beijing Airport
Asked by Cathy from USA
| Mar. 16, 2014 03:20
I am a South African Citizen and I want to go to China from Seoul on the 31...
Asked by Ms.Mariejo from South Korea
| Jan. 01, 2009 02:20
U.S. Military in South Korea wanting to Tour Beijing
Asked by Michael from Republic of Korea
| Nov. 13, 2013 00:06
Hi, I am a U.S. citizen touring Asia just for the summer vacation. I am c...
Ms.JJL96782 from Afghanistan
| Jun. 18, 2010 20:10
I am a US citizen currently teaching English in Seoul. I would like to trav...
Asked by Ms.Rowan from South Korea
| Aug. 28, 2009 02:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)