Asked by Cassie from Japan | Mar. 03, 2013 23:59
About:How to Apply for a China Visa

Visa to China for American living in Japan (no alien registration card)

My husband and I currently live in Japan, but will be moving back to the US at the end of our travel to China. We both had to get visa extensions, and the immigration officer extended the visa for 90 days, taking away our alien registration. In the process of applying for the Chinese visa, we were told that it would be automatically declined without the alien registration. Is there a way to complete the visa application? Would it be best to apply through the embassy in the US? We travel soon. Help!

Answers (1)
Answered by kelly from Japan | Mar. 04, 2013 21:52
Well, I was told that the entry record was ok. By the way, you have to ask a travel agency to handle your application. If the entry record doesn't work, offer the extension receipt and see if it is ok.
Related Questions:
Exactly what I need to do
Asked by Josie
| Nov. 01, 2012 03:50
It is possible to get a work visa in Seoul on a tourist visa with no alien ...
Asked by XXX
| Sep. 17, 2012 04:48
As a visitor to Tokyo is it possible to get a Chinese visa without an alien...
Asked by Mr.Brandon from UK
| Jan. 19, 2011 02:42
I am an American living in Japan, with a japanese alien registration card. ...
Asked by Ms.Janet from Japan
| Mar. 04, 2010 02:46
I'm an American living in Busan. I have a Korean Alien Registration Card wi...
Asked by Mr.Cropper from South Korea
| Jul. 01, 2010 03:51
Is it currently possible for a foreigner to get a Chinese tourist Visa in T...
Asked by Mr.DeJager from Canada
| Oct. 13, 2010 20:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)