Asked by Mar from Spain | Mar. 01, 2013 03:10
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

European citizen on a Tourist visa in Japan, can I apply for tourist visa to go 5-7days to Shagnhai?

Dear sirs,

I am a Spanish citizen staying in Japan with a tourist visa, c

One of my best friends is from Shanghai and she has invited me to visit her around the frist week of april (5-7 days). I went to the Spanish embassy to renew my passport as the present one I have expires in July. I will get my new passport in about three weeks.

I searched for information about getting one for China in Tokyo chinese embassy, but all I can find is meant for residents in Japan (alien card is required). I do not have alien card as I am here as a tourist. So is still possible for me to apply for a tourist visa for China at the embassy in Japan?.

what would I need appart from my passport and a picture?

Thank you very much for your time, I will wait for your reply


Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from Canada | Mar. 01, 2013 23:59
You can try to apply for a Chinese tourist visa through a local travel agency in Japan. Provide your passport with entry record to Japan and valid Japan visa. Also, you need to provide an invitation letter from your friend from China. For tourist application, you should also prepare flight tickets and hotel reservations in Shanghai. Or if you stay with your friend in her place, hotel bookings are not required then.
Related Questions:
Can I apply for a Chinese visa, in Russia if I'm on a tourist type with a E...
Asked by Jane from France
| Oct. 15, 2014 21:54
can i apply for a tourist visa for china in japan...!! I am a uk citizen.
Asked by Ms.laura from uk
| Jun. 25, 2009 04:13
I'm a uk citizen and travelling to china from Japan... Can I apply for a to...
Asked by Faith from Uk
| Mar. 13, 2013 01:13
hello i am a pakistani student in china
Asked by abdul aziz from Pakistan
| Jan. 13, 2017 21:47
I am a Kyrgyz Republic citizen residing in Osaka, Japan and where can I app...
Asked by Kan from Zar
| Oct. 25, 2018 19:53
Chinese 30 days-1 Entry-Tourist-Visa as EU member in Tokyo
Asked by Bryan from France
| Nov. 25, 2016 20:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)