Asked by Jamus from Australia | Feb. 11, 2013 18:27
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

Travelling to Sweden - transitting in China

I am an Australian citizen and in May 2013 I am travelling from Sydney to Stockholm, Sweden. Initially my flight was only stopping in Beijing for about 8 hours for both legs. No visa was required. Now, the airline has changed the flight. It now stops in Shanghai en-route to Beijing and requires an overnight stay in Beijing. Air China is putting me up for one night in accommodation outside the airport, then the journey continues to Stockholm the next day. The return flight seems simpler. It is from Stockholm direct to Beijing, transit of 7 hours then on to Sydney. What type of Visa do I require, and is it a double, triple entry or what? The Chinese Transit Visa application states they require a copy of the visa to the 3rd country (Sweden), but Sweden does not require Australians to get a visa if staying in the Schengen zone for less than 90 days. What do I do?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ben | Feb. 17, 2013 20:36
You need to get a single entry China transit visa (G). It is for the transit through Shanghai en-route to Beijing. Your passport and ticket is enough for application as they know that you are visa exempted from visa to Sweden.
Related Questions:
I am a Fiji citizen, travelling to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be trans...
Asked by Ms. Rao from Fiji
| Apr. 07, 2011 01:49
Transit Visas
Asked by Karen Napier from New Zealand
| Jul. 09, 2015 21:56
Does a Sri Lankan transitting in Hong Kong need a visa?
Asked by Natalie from Sri Lanka
| Feb. 24, 2015 20:22
how to arrange visa for NZ passport holder outside of NZ
Asked by Jane from NZ
| Sep. 20, 2013 03:53
Do I need a China visa for transitting in shanghai for 3 hours? I'm a Malay...
Asked by jayne from Singapore
| Jul. 22, 2011 21:44
I am transitting at Guanghou Airport China and on to Kathmandu, do I need t...
Asked by Marian
| Jul. 12, 2011 22:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)