Asked by Marrieta Q. Fukushima from Fukui City Japan | Jan. 14, 2013 03:10
About:Chinese Embassy in Philippines

Can I apply a Visa to Guangzhou even I am still here in Japan through a representativre ?

I am planning to attend a Trade Fair in Guangzhou by April coming from Manila. Can I apply a Visa in advance through a representative and just have my Visa stamp to my Passport when I come to Philippines by April. And please may I know the documents needed for applying the said Visa. My Friend from Malta was the one inviting me and he will be the one to pay my plane ticket and Hotel accomodations in Guangzhou China. We will be meeting there in Guanzhou for the Fair. I just want to apply for a 7 days Tourist Visa. How many weeks before April should I apply. I am planning to come to Philppines on April 11 and go to Guanzhou on April 15 - April 22, 2013.

Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Jan. 14, 2013 03:36
You should apply for the visa in your home country. Ask your friend to post the plane ticket and hotel reservation to you, since they are required by the China embassy. Besides them, you should submit your valid passport that should be with more than 6 months validity and over two blank pages left, an invitaton letter which can be got through the official website of the Canton Fair (, a completed application form and one recent-taken passport standard photo.

You must be in Philippines when you make the application. The embassy do provide express service of third or second working day release, but you have to pay extra service fee for that.
Related Questions:
Asked by Alice from USA
| Jan. 25, 2014 02:53
Iam from Philippines but working here in China. Can i apply for japan visa ...
Asked by Ely lopez from Philippines
| Mar. 23, 2015 22:58
Indian currently in Japan on a business visit. I need to visit China urgent...
Asked by Sundar from India
| Sep. 06, 2017 22:09
Transit Visa. I am a Sudanese Nationality.
Asked by Maab Elsheikh from Japan
| Jul. 19, 2018 18:21
Japan tourist visa in Guangzhou
Asked by Adisha from China
| Aug. 18, 2017 04:21
Does a US Citizen w/ invitation letter need to go through a travel agency?
Asked by Linda P. from Japan
| Feb. 06, 2014 21:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)