Asked by Beth from USA | Jan. 08, 2013 08:45
About:China Transit Visa

Permission to leave airport on transit visa?

Hello, I am an american citizen wanting to travel to meetings at our Chinese office in Shanghai. I have a ticket from Germany to Shanghai and then from Shanghai to Denmark, with a stay in Shanghai of under 72 hours. Am I allowed to leave the aiport in those 72 hours and attend the meetings in Shanghai?

Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Lori | Jan. 09, 2013 01:27
Hi, you'd better confirm this directly with your airlines. As I know, the 72 hours visa free policy applies to direct transit passengers to catch connecting flight only. Sorry I am not sure if your ticket from Germany to Shanghai then Denmark will be considered a return trip.
Related Questions:
My chinese lady from Nanning has her Australian tourist visa to visit me in...
Asked by Mr.Dixon from australia
| Oct. 18, 2010 21:29
Sir, I will land at 16.30 on May 1st, 2014 at SHA. Then my flight from PVG...
Asked by SANJAY KR. JAIN from India
| Apr. 10, 2014 02:50
Can an Indian citizen get transit visa if layover is less than 72hrs at PEK...
Asked by Tenz from India
| Nov. 04, 2016 22:43
Dear Sirs and Madams, We're Australian citizens, traveling from Australia ...
Asked by Mrs.Klepova from Australia
| Feb. 14, 2011 20:42
I am in China on a work visa and have applied for residence permit.
Asked by Marya from Canada
| Nov. 06, 2015 20:26
I need to travel from Hong Kong to Shanghai, use 72 hour free transit and f...
Asked by Kamila from czech republic
| Oct. 30, 2015 03:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)