Asked by Philip from Canada | Nov. 28, 2012 22:13
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Is it possible to apply HK Smart ID in Toronto?

I was born in HK and I have my child HK ID. Moved to Canada and haven't been to HK after I'm 18+, is it possible to apply for the HK adult smart ID in Toronto China Embassy? I heard people done that in Ottawa embassy. Please advise.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Nov. 29, 2012 03:21
All the old HK identity cards issued before 23 June 2003 have been declared invalid with effect from 30 November 2008. If you were absent from HK during their specified call-up periods under the Hong Kong Smart Identity Card Replacement Exercise, you should book an appointment online for replacement then apply within 30 days of your return to Hong Kong at any Registration of Persons Office. The consulate in Toronto accepts application of this, but it will be sent to HK for processing.
Related Questions:
HKSAR Passport
Asked by R Lau from Canada
| Dec. 21, 2011 13:07
I have Hong Kong Permanent ID, and was born in HK, can I apply for HK Smart...
Asked by Olivia from USA
| Jun. 19, 2012 02:06
Please advise what procedure to apply the HK SAR passport in Toronto?
Asked by Shirley from Canada
| Jul. 27, 2012 02:29
Appy for HKSAR passport & HK Smart ID in Toronto
Asked by Kevin from Toronto
| Oct. 06, 2011 03:48
can I apply for a H.K smart card in Canada?
Asked by Jeanie from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2011 04:20
Lost my old Hong Kong id, but I have my HK birth certificate. Can I apply ...
Asked by Brenda from canada
| Apr. 10, 2012 01:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)