Asked by Joyce Malley from Qatar | Nov. 17, 2012 02:33
About:China Embassy in Qatar

I am emailing to ask if I need a visa for my transit through China

My flight details

Dubai to Beijing 18th Dec 17 10 - arrive Beijing 19th Dec 5 00
Beijing 19th Dec 16 30 - arrive Guangzhou 19th Dec 19 45
Guangzhou 20th Dec 00 30 - Auckland New Zealand

My return journey
Auckland 23 00 3rd Jan - arrive Guangzhou 4th Jan 6 00
Guangzhou 04 Jan 19 05 - Dubai

if I remain in the airports in transit .... Do I require a visa ?

Thank you for your help - I have an RP for Qatar - British passport holder
Joyce Malley|Joycemalley
974 3026 6740

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Nov. 17, 2012 02:55
Hi Malley, from your way to Auckland, you will transit in two cities in China, the stopover is within 24 hours, you can apply for a 24-hour stay permit when you arrive at the Beijing airport. Visa is not required then. About your return flight, visa is not required too if you will remain in the airport.
Related Questions:
I have a used Chinese visa. Do I need to personally visit the Embassy or ca...
Asked by Farhan from Pakistan
| Feb. 03, 2015 02:51
UK resident applying for a Chinese Visa in Cyprus
Asked by Laura from England
| Feb. 17, 2015 03:16
I Am travelling through Beojimg on my way to Japan and i am from Kenya, do ...
Asked by Fedelis Kyalo from Kenya
| Aug. 01, 2018 19:22
Request if I require transit visa
Asked by Misgana from Ethiopia
| Apr. 20, 2016 04:57
I am going to sri lanka from canada through china. need to get the transit...
Asked by Viji from Canada
| Sep. 29, 2015 20:31
Dear Sir/Madam, I am a citizen of Georgia and I plan to travel from Geor...
Asked by Ms.Gagoshashvili from Georgia
| Mar. 29, 2010 03:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)