Asked by Sacha from United Kingdom | Oct. 09, 2012 15:24
About:China Embassy in U.K.

5 night stop over in Shanghai - London to Melbourne 1 way. Would I need a transit visa & where from?

Myself and my 3 teens (they have a different surname) are flying from London (in Dec) to Melbourne. As we have never seen China - we wanted to stop in Shanghai for 5 nights en route. We are also Aussie passport holders, so are flying on the Aussie passport (dual UK holders). Would we require a transit or tourist visa? Do you have idea of the rough cost? Could we be entered as a family, or do we need separate visa's (all have our own passports). Can we apply on line - or do we have to go somewhere (we live 40miles from London). Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Answers (1)
Answered by William | Oct. 10, 2012 03:11
You do need to apply for a transit visa for this individually, since group visa is for more than 5 persons. I don't think it's availabel online. If it's inconvenient for you to go in person, you may entrust a travel agency.

By the way, if you live in London, you should use your UK passports to apply for the visa However, you will fly with the Aussie passport. I'm not sure it will cause any problem. You'd better confirm this with the air company in advance.
Related Questions:
Am I able to leave Hong Kong Airport while in transit?
Asked by Sarah Lancaster from United Kingdom
| Jan. 18, 2012 03:21
Transiting with Kids
Asked by Steph from Australia
| Jan. 05, 2013 20:29
Flight with a technical stop
Asked by Kim from Australia
| May. 05, 2013 04:01
I am Malaysian flying to London from with a 5 hour stop over at Shanghai. D...
Asked by Sue from Malaysia
| Jul. 29, 2016 21:03
Using 72hours visa twice
Asked by Al from Uk
| Jan. 24, 2016 19:56
I am a UK citizen with a UK passport and will be flying from London to Shan...
Asked by David from United Kingdom
| Jul. 08, 2018 19:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)