Asked by Julie from USA | Aug. 20, 2012 13:25
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I have a "Residence Permit for Foreigner" that will expire on 28 Aug 2012. Can I enter on 27 Aug?

My residency permit expires on 28 August 2012. My flight to China will arrive on 27 August 2012, so technically it is still "valid," but my company is worried that immigration will not allow me to enter China, because it is "almost" expired. My company has all of my renewal paperwork ready, and the local PSB says that they will have no problem with my renewal (once I arrive), but they are also concerned that I will not be allowed back into the country. Are people being turned away at the borders for "almost" expired permits? I know I should be worried about flight delays (then I am in big trouble), but if I arrive on the 27th, am I likely to be deported?
Thanks for any information (or hopefully reassurance) that you can provide.

Answers (1)
Answered by baul | Aug. 21, 2012 03:24
you should better go back to China few days before it expires. It is really a problem but depends on the immigration officer you meet in the airport. Residence permit renewal takes time as well, so you may get in trouble in this situation. Change your flight if possible.
Related Questions:
What is the maximum time period can i apply for the residence permit for fo...
Asked by Chris lin
| May. 06, 2013 04:05
alien residence permit china (green book)
Asked by eric from China
| Jun. 16, 2016 21:58
Validity of Residence visa
Asked by Gregory Ard from USA
| Jul. 31, 2012 02:08
What visa can a Namibian applied for that
Asked by Patrick from Namibia
| Nov. 01, 2016 21:04
Passport and residence permit renewal
Asked by Loraine
| May. 24, 2013 22:54
my husband is coming to stay with me. how can i get invitation letter for a...
Asked by abigeal from South Africa
| Oct. 23, 2015 21:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)