Asked by Gareth from Austria | Aug. 20, 2012 08:36
About:China Embassy in Austria

Visa needed for a Scientific Conference in Xian

Dear Chinese Embassy in Vienna,

I am a British citizen working in Vienna. I have been invited to give a presentation at a scientific conference in Xi'An in October. Which is the correct visa for me? Do i need to provide an invitation letter from the conference organizers?

Furthermore, my wife would like to accompany me, but she will only be visiting as a tourist. From what I have read, she will require the L-visa. Is this correct?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Aug. 21, 2012 03:10
Dear Gareth, this is a site of a China travel agency only, not official website of Chinese embassy. For your question, I want to say the correct visa type for you is Business F visa. The invitation letter from China the conference organizers is required. Your wife can apply for a tourist visa instead, it is easier for her other than as a accompanying dependent of your F visa.
Related Questions:
Dear sir, I want to attend a scientific conference in china. so what kind o...
Asked by ahmad from Syria
| May. 24, 2016 03:24
i need visa to china from India for conference
Asked by Dr.Thirunavukkarasu from India
| Feb. 24, 2013 01:18
Tourism and Conference on one visa
Asked by Pepe from Spain
| Jun. 10, 2015 21:12
Flight connection. Do I need a VISA?
Asked by Roberto from Italy
| May. 15, 2018 21:43
what kind of visa is needed from Namibia to China if you invited us a confe...
Asked by Aletha from Namibia
| Mar. 17, 2015 21:47
going for a conference
Asked by Connie Krawczyk from Canada
| Aug. 02, 2016 03:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)