Asked by Irving Rother, PhD from Canada | Aug. 06, 2012 16:30
About:China Embassy in Canada

Do I apply for a tourist or business visa?


I am presenting a paper at a conference in Lanzhou on August 23, 2012. Do I apply for a tourist or business visa? If the latter, do I need to complete form v 2011B? If so, I do not know what to answer on numbers 5 and 6.

If I post my application can I send it registered by FedEx or another courier? If I submit in person can I do so in Ottawa and do I need an appointment? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Emma | Aug. 07, 2012 02:36
If you will go to China for a conference, I think you should apply for a China F business visa. If you are Canadian passport holders and plan to apply for the visa in Ottawa, then no need to submit V2011B no matter you apply for a tourist or a business visa.

Personally, I don't advise you use the mail service, for you risk of losing your documents and it takes a longer time. You do need an on-line appontment before submitting the application to the visa center in person at
Related Questions:
I am flying from Kazakhstan to Kuala Lumpur and transit in Beijing for 6 ho...
Asked by Yazrina from Malaysia
| Jun. 14, 2013 02:17
Hello, I have to go to macau for business comference and I am from Bhutan. ...
Asked by Tashi from Bhutan
| Dec. 22, 2015 21:13
Hello, I'm a Malaysia PR holding a MY PR ID, my travel document is CERTIFIC...
Asked by Mike Leong from Malaysia
| Jan. 27, 2016 18:38
I'm holding CambodiAn passport, and transit in Shanghai airport and I want ...
Asked by Khim from Cambodia
| Aug. 14, 2016 21:08
I have Indian Passport. Flight CZ 3062 CAN (Baiyun, Guangzhou) 12 hrs trans...
Asked by Nutan Prasad from India
| Jan. 21, 2017 20:09
In entering Xiamen, do i need to apply a VISA?
Asked by Gab from Philippines
| Sep. 24, 2012 02:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)