Asked by micheal from Australia | Jul. 02, 2012 21:26
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

im australian looking to marry in chongqing

im australian i am planning to marry my fiance in chongqing yes she is a local resident of chongqing what papers and documents do i need to marry and what is the process i have a single status certificate i have divorce papers from a previous marriage and a valid passport do i need anything else i have been told i have to get a certificate of no impedment issued in china or a hand written letter saying i am free to marry issuede in china can anyone help

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Jul. 03, 2012 01:38
You need also a Birth certificate. For single status certificate, each country has its own way of providing this, as a Australian, you need to obtain a 'No Record of Marriage (Single Status) Certificate. But if you have divorce papers, you can obtain a form called a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Related Questions:
how do i get a visa? never done this before. is there anything i should kno...
Asked by janet from Australia
| Jun. 22, 2015 22:15
Im an australian who wants to marry a Chinese lady in china what do i have ...
Asked by Edward Curtain from Australia
| Oct. 17, 2017 01:08
Im looking for good and clean Vegetarian Restaurants in: Beijing, Xian, Cho...
Asked by Ms.Maya from Japan
| Jun. 28, 2009 22:46
Suggestion on marriage according to the zodiac signs
Asked by raheela from Pakistan
| Sep. 16, 2012 20:14
Working visa for china
Asked by Stephanie V
| Aug. 15, 2013 02:25
Where do I obtain a certificate stating I am free to marry?
Asked by Paul from Australia
| Dec. 30, 2013 01:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)