Asked by Neel Smith from India | Jun. 11, 2012 16:38
About:Chinese Embassy in India

China, Hongkong and Makau Visa from Delhi

Hi ,

I have 3 questions to ask :

[1] I and my fiancee are carrying Indian Passport , Which all Visas we need to visit places in HongKong, Makau and China

[2] As we are going after our marriage, do we need any sort of marriage certificate for applying for Visa, or can we apply independently without showing any marriage proof.

[3] Which all documents we need to apply for Visa and where should we go for applying for Visa from New Delhi, India

Answers (1)
Answered by Melissa | Jun. 11, 2012 20:33
Hi, Neel,

Good news for you! You are exempted from visa to HK and Macao. You only need a L visa to mainland China.

You each can apply a L visa visa independently, so no need of showing any marriage proof.

You should go to apply at the Chinese embassy in New Delhi. Do not forget to bring the following documents with you:
1) Application Form with a recently-taken color photo glued or stapled on.
2) Valid Passport and a copy of its information page as well as copy of previous Chinese Visas(on an A-4 paper).
3) Invitation Letter from China (a company or a person), Tourist Agenda, Personal Written Statement (with details as follows: A. name of the scenic spot; B. name, address and contact number of the inviting company or person; C. name and contact number of your working unit in India).
4) If you could not provide an Invitation Letter from China, the following documents are needed:
Tourist Agenda; A copy of confirmed return air ticket and hotel reservation bill; Personal Written Statement (Covering Letter,with details as follows: A. name of the scenic spot; B. name, address and contact number of the inviting(contact company or person); Certification letter from your working unit (with details as follows: name and contact number of the working unit, your income statement or recent 6 months Bank Statement).
5) Other documents required by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General.

Good luck!
Related Questions:
I am holding a Netherland Passport do I need a visa for 144Hrs or 4 nights ...
Asked by Amarpal Singh from Netherlands
| Apr. 04, 2017 13:21
Do I qualify for a 72 hour transit visa to stay in Beijing?
Asked by Rafael from Uruguay
| Mar. 14, 2015 22:48
Visa requirements. Do they need any transit visa in China for that?
Asked by Suyash from India
| May. 11, 2018 01:59
Question on 24 hour transit?
Asked by John from India
| Nov. 28, 2016 02:05
I need to transit in guangzhou. My flight from Manila to GZ is Phillpine ai...
Asked by Saurabh from Philippines
| Sep. 14, 2013 02:44
can i get 72 hour free transit?
Asked by sam from Australia
| Aug. 11, 2015 20:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)