Asked by Yasir from Pakistan | Jun. 07, 2012 05:08
About:China Embassy in Thailand
Pakistani Passport holder family can get Chinese L visa in Bangkok, Thailand??

Dear Sir

Thanks in Advance for my help. I am a Pakistani Passport Holder student currently studying Ph.D in Beijing, China with having multi-entry X Student visa of China (valid until May 2013). I live in Beijing with my family (spouse and daughter) both are having L type Chinese visa, which is single entry visa, and we extend this visa after every three months from Beijing, China.

Now I want to visit Bangkok, Thailand for 2 weeks with family in this summer. But when we will travel to Thailand the Chinese visa of my family will not be usable and will be cancelled on departure from China (because of single entry visa). However, i will have to come back to Beijing, China after visiting Thailand. So i will have to apply for Chinese L type visa for my family in the Chinese Embassy at Bangkok, Thailand.

I want to know that "is it possible to get the Chinese L visa for my family in Bangkok, Thailand" provided i have the invitation letter of Chinese visa for my family from my University. If yes then how many days required to get the visa and, for the Pakistani passport holders there is no visa fee for Chinese visa, If i will apply for my family visa in Thailand then i will have to pay the visa fee or not?, keep in mind that there is a visa fee for Thai visa holders..

Waiting for your positive response.

Thanks & Best Regards..


Answers (1)
Answered by Melissa | Jun. 08, 2012 01:53
Hi, Yasir,

Yes, with the invitation letter, financial capability of covering the travelling expenses in China, passport, photos, application form, you can apply family visa in Thailand.

The processing time is 4 working days. For express or rush service, 2 or 3 days is needed.

Have a nice tour! Good luck!

Related Questions:
Chinese tourist visa Indian passport holder in Bangkok.
Asked by rs1707 from India
| Dec. 22, 2013 21:37
I am a canadian passport holder currently in Thailand. Can I get a chinese ...
Asked by Mr.Jasmin from Canada
| Oct. 12, 2010 22:10
Regarding L Visa (Tourism/Family Visit)
Asked by Shoaib from Pakistan
| May. 25, 2013 02:01
Dear Sir/Madam, I'm a Pakistani Passport holder currently working in Sou...
Asked by Mr.Saad Arif from Pakistan
| Jun. 04, 2009 03:06
Im in Thailand at the moment , i am a UK Passport holder, i am flying to ch...
Asked by Mr.Neary from uk
| Jun. 26, 2009 02:46
Can Pakistani passport holder get on arrival visa ( tourist )
Asked by NOOR from United Aarab Emirates
| Nov. 03, 2011 04:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)