Asked by Naomi from Canada | Jun. 04, 2012 00:29
About:Chinese Embassy in South Korea

Canadian visiting South Korea to apply for Chinese Visa

Hi. I am a Canadian citizen currently in Korea as a visitor status. I do have an Alien Registration Card which was issued last August and is expired at the moment. I want to apply for a Chinese visa to visit a friend in Dalian, just for 3-4 days. Can I do this as a Canadian visitor in South Korea who has an expired Alien Registration Card? (I would go through extending the Alien Registration Card, but this process takes longer than my remaining time in Korea)

Answers (1)
Answered by Melissa | Jun. 04, 2012 02:13
Foreigners who want to apply for visas to China, must provide the alien registration card with at least 6 months remaining validity, so you can not apply the present alien registration card.

As to your condition, I think the most convenient way is to apply a visa in HK(You are exempted from visa to HK).You can apply at the Office of the Commission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of P.R.C. in HKASAR.
Related Questions:
Canadian apply Chinese visa in korea. Can I? how to do it? show me the step...
Asked by Jay from Canada
| Aug. 24, 2014 04:26
I'm confused does this mean as a Canadian tourist I cannot apply for a Chi...
Asked by Megan from Canada
| Feb. 05, 2013 23:44
Applying for a Chinese Single Entry Tourist L from Jeonju
Asked by Jonathan from Canada
| Nov. 12, 2014 00:32
Canadian visiting daughter who's working in Korea can we apply together ...
Asked by Ken Blomme from Canada
| Feb. 13, 2016 20:03
I am a Canadian citizen but will be in South Korea in one week. Can I appl...
Asked by Ms.Rachael Campbell-Toth from Canada
| Mar. 10, 2009 20:26
My husband and I are planning to take a one week vacation in Beijing. Where...
Asked by Marie from South Korea
| Jan. 13, 2014 21:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)