Asked by Girolamo from Italy | May. 29, 2012 04:33
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

can I extend my visa in China if I am on an L visa after having overstayed within the past 6 months?

I overstayed in China a month ago and I was given a 10 day star visa.
I went to HK, where they gave me a one month L visa which is about to expire now. I was planning to extend it for a month now and then go back to Europe or Hong Kong to get a 6 months F visa.
I just read now on a website that I cannot apply for a business visa in HK if I have an overstay record.
I don't know if this is possible in Italy (where I am from)
Now I'm also starting to worry that they might not extend my L visa for the coming month.

Anyone knows anything about this? (before I panic)


Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | May. 30, 2012 02:14
Where are you now? if you are still in China on the second 30 days visa issued in HK, you can have a visit to local PSB, and try to extend it there a week before it expires. Most likely you will be given another 30 days.
Related Questions:
Is there anyway i can change my tourist L to any other visa within China to...
| Apr. 10, 2014 04:04
visa extension fee for Iranian citizens
Asked by Mina from Iran
| Feb. 12, 2014 23:44
Can I extend my l visa after 3 months
Asked by Ramya Saravanakumar from India
| Sep. 04, 2018 19:26
My F visa will expire next march 1st can I extend it or change for L visa. ...
Asked by Paula from Costa RIca
| Feb. 05, 2013 03:55
I am holding an L visa, I already extend it for another month. Can it be p...
Asked by Mrs.Ventura from Philippines
| Apr. 10, 2009 20:41
How many times I can extend my L visa without leaving China?
| Apr. 29, 2015 02:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)