Asked by Tara | May. 22, 2012 05:20
About:China Tourist Visa

Extensions on multiple entry tourist visas

I have a specific situation. I have a multiple entry tourist (L) visa and my 90 day stay will expire 2 days before my friends and I can leave for Malaysia to renew it. I have been told that I can get an extension fairly easily, but my real question is whether or not I can reenter China. Will the extension be treated as a separate visa in and of itself, or can I continue to use my multiple entry tourist visa after getting an extension. Will I need to apply for a brand new visa when I try to come back into China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | May. 23, 2012 02:07
Is your Multi L visa expiring soon, or you just want to extend the stay on this entry? if for latter, you are suggested to exit mainland China to Hong Kong or Macau now, then enter Mainland China for the new entry and 90 days stay duration.

If you apply for visa extension at PSB, your current visa will expire, you will be issued an L visa with 30 days, no other entry. That is to say you need to apply for a new visa if you want to reenter China.
Related Questions:
Is it possible to get 90 day multiple entry tourist visas for US citizens i...
Asked by Mr.Anderson from USA
| Jan. 19, 2011 01:10
What are the meanings of single entry, double entry and multiple entry visa...
| Jan. 28, 2015 20:27
I am an American living in Thailand on a multiple-year Thai work visa and h...
Asked by Mr.Chris from USA
| May. 10, 2010 02:36
No multiple entry.
Asked by Carlos from Uk
| Jan. 05, 2018 02:44
Temporary residence permit! Hi everyone! My name is Helmut And I hope ...
Mr.CANLEO from Canada
| Apr. 29, 2010 04:42
How much is a multiple entry tourist Visa
Asked by Muliika Gavis from Uganda
| Jan. 25, 2017 02:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)