Asked by Kris from Poland | May. 20, 2012 06:08
About:China Visa

Travel from Nepal to Lhasa!

Just a few questions regarding my proposed trip to Nepal,Tibet and China.I intend to travel next year.
Firstly can you tell me the travel arrangments I would need to make,to travel from Kathmandu(Nepal)to Lhasa?
Further information I require if possible.What kind of visa I need,to travel to Lhasa and how to apply for this.
Should I hire the serveces of a guide and how much would this cost also contacts etc if possible?
Are thre any restrictions as to when I can enter Lhasa from Kathmandu?
I would appreciate any input from you regarding questions I havnt asked involving travel arrangements.
Thank you in advances for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | May. 21, 2012 01:38
First of all, I have to tell you that it is complex to handle China visa and Tibet Travel Permit if you prefer to enter Tibet from Katmandu. If you have already get a China visa issued from your home country or any other place, you can send it and your passport to a travel agency. The agency will help you to get Tibet Travel Permit. After getting this permit, your China visa must be cancelled first, and then only can apply for a fresh China visa at the Chinese Embassy in Katmandu based on Tibet Travel Permit. Visa fee and all service fee are subject to change according to your nationality. BTW, the latest news goes that only tourists in a group of 5 or more with the same nationality can get the Tibet Entry Permit approved. All tourists in this group should enter and exit Tibet at the same time with the permit held by travel guide.
Related Questions:
My travel companion and I are flying into Lhasa at the beginning of June th...
Asked by Ms.Kristin from Canada
| Jan. 29, 2011 21:36
Where can I get the TTP? In a travel agency at Chengdu?
Asked by J.M.Otero Ennes from Spain
| Oct. 25, 2015 00:54
Hi, is there a flight from Lhasa to Nepal?
Asked by Ms.Domm from USA
| Sep. 23, 2009 05:00
I intend to take the bus from Lhasa to Katmandu to extend my travel in Nepa...
Asked by Mr.Daniel Pearce from China
| Aug. 20, 2009 03:25
Can foreigners connect through Lhasa Airport without a travel permit?
Asked by David from USA
| Jan. 21, 2015 00:38
Travel by road from Lhasa to Chengdu
Asked by Tisna from Indonesia
| Nov. 24, 2015 03:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)