Asked by Edwin from Hong Kong SAR | Mar. 26, 2012 20:46
About:China Consulate in Brisbane

Replacement Passport (Hong Kong SAR)

I lost my Hong Kong SAR passport. I cannot fly back to Hong Kong or Brisbane for applying for a replacement passport because I am working in Adelaide & do not have long holiday.
I learnt from Chinese Embassy website that Chinese Embassy can help apply to Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department on behalf of the passport loser. The passport loser can submit application online & Chinese Embassy will mail the replacement passport to the passport loser when it is ready.
Pls kindly advise where I can get online application, the total leadtime for a replacement passport to be issued & fee involoved. Thanks!!!

Answers (1)
Answered by Fay | Mar. 26, 2012 22:24
I'm afraid you have to go to the China Consulate in Brisbane to submit the application in person, since only those who are able to collet the new passport in person at the immigration office of Hk can submit the application online. For the mail-back service, you can consult with the officers in the consulate.
The application fee for persons aged 16 or above (valid for 10 years) are:
2 pages – HK$370 (or US$48)
48 pages – HK$460 (or US$59)
Since you made the application through the China consulate, you will also have to pay the delivery fee by double registered air mail of HK$43 (or US$6)

In addition, tf the cheque or bank draft is not drawn on a bank in the HKSAR or not in HKSAR currency, a bank handling charge of HK$100 (or US$13) will also be required.
Related Questions:
I lost my Hong Kong SAR Passport and wonder where/ how to apply the replace...
Asked by Ms.Lee from Australia
| Jul. 25, 2010 20:19
What is hong kong sar passport
Asked by Jack wu from Canada
| Jun. 03, 2013 01:58
How far ahead can I renew my Hong Kong SAR Passport?
Asked by kathy yau from Canada
| Feb. 11, 2016 02:39
Do I need an appointment for submission of completed application form for a...
Asked by peter from Australia
| Jan. 08, 2013 00:50
HI, Can I check if I have a Hong KOng SAR Passoprt and I have lost my passo...
Asked by Mr.Cassandra from HKG
| Nov. 12, 2009 21:12
Do I need a China Visa if I am a citizen of Hong Kong and have a Hong Kong ...
Asked by james yim from Hong Kong
| Sep. 20, 2013 04:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)